This blog shows the news of students and staff from
the Visual Communication division, Faculty of Arts, University of Wolverhampton.
Details of our next University Open Days can be found here. To visit the Visual Communication course finder click here.
Monday, 18 March 2013
Junior/middleweight graphic designer – Liquid, Liverpool
Junior/middleweight graphic designer
Salary: competitive, Application deadline: 31st March 2013
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative and enthusiastic Junior or Middleweight Graphic Designer to join our award winning creative communications agency in the heart of Liverpool. At Liquid you will have the opportunity to work in a busy environment on big name brands across a variety of disciplines including advertising, branding, creative design, digital and social media, strategic marketing and web design.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, ambitious individual to take the next step in their career and become an integrated part of a vibrant creative team.
As part of the design team you will be responsible for:
- Design and development of a wide range of communication materials / client projects ensuring standards of excellence across all jobs.
- Adherence to production schedules and deadlines.
- Providing excellent client care and support.
- Acting as a project leader / client liaison on allocated projects.
- Keeping abreast of and sharing knowledge of design trends, ensuring Liquid's output is cutting edge.
- Investigating developments in design and sharing information with the Liquid team.
- Researching sectors / markets for client projects.
You will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in graphic design.
- Experience working in an agency environment.
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and ideally Flash, Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to hit the ground running.
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to manage own time effectively and to meet deadlines.
- Have knowledge of current design trends and technology.
- Have awareness of marketing / advertising trends and local and national current affairs.
- Be able to work well individually or as part of the creative team.
- Must be committed to delivering excellent client satisfaction and to continual improvement both on a personal and company level
To apply please email a cv, a covering letter outlining your experience and recent work samples to email@example.com. The example of work should be supplied as a PDF featuring a minimum of 4 projects demonstrating a wide range of skills with a brief explanation of each project. Please entitle your email 'graphic designer opportunity'