As well as Rankin’s 512 page bi-annual magazine, the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of other Rankin projects, including books and exhibitions and projects for Rankin Film. You will be working with a senior designer but ultimately dealing directly with Rankin and The Hunger’s Creative Director, Vicky Lawton.
A large part of the role is the management of The Hunger magazine, so the candidate must be organised, efficient and self-motivated, initiating projects and guiding them through to completion.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about fashion, culture, art and music. They will have a keen eye for detail and must be obsessed with editorial design. We are looking for a well presented and crafted portfolio from a typographic expert with a passion for photography.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
– Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite
– Demonstrable experience in magazine / book design
– A good eye for detail and design craft
– A strong interest in fashion and photography
– Be willing to go that extra mile to get the job done
– Be self-motivated and self-guided.
– Well organised and have the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
Our new designer must be available to start quickly, ready to hit the ground running with the up and coming Hunger issue 4.
When applying, please submit a cover letter outlining your experience relating to the role above and salary expectations along with a CV and portfolio (less than 5mb). Please submit all applications by e-mail to Calum Crease – calum(at)rankin(dot)co(dot)uk
We regret that we are only able to respond to successful candidates.