This blog shows the news of students and staff from
the Visual Communication division, Faculty of Arts, University of Wolverhampton.
Details of our next University Open Days can be found here. To visit the Visual Communication course finder click here.
Tuesday, 27 October 2015
Centre for Printing History and Culture - Launch
The launch of the Centre for Printing History and Culture, a joint initiative between Birmingham City University and the University of Birmingham is taking place between 6 and 8pm in the Nicholson Building in Winterbourne House, on Wednesday 25 November. The event includes an exhibition and talk on Leonard Jay (1888-1963), head of the Birmingham School of Printing and one of Birmingham's most eminent printers. Refreshments will be provided.
We very much look forward to seeing you at what promises to be an enjoyable event.
The Centre for Printing History and Cultures exists to:
• Stimulate, support, publicise and disseminate knowledge of printing history and culture;
• Provide a local, regional, national and international means of exchanging information, skills and expertise in printing history and culture;
• Engage in and support ground-breaking interdisciplinary research into printing history and culture;
• Seek partnerships between universities, heritage organisations, independent scholars, businesses and practitioners to sponsor and encourage the investigation and understanding of printing history and culture;
• Promote transfer and exchange of knowledge of printing history and culture amongst individuals and within communities and institutions. http://www.cphc.org.uk