Tuesday 31 January 2012

Andreas Olymbios - MA Student

Having firstly completed my bachelor studies at the University of Wolverhampton, the fulfilling, creative profession of Graphic Design has consumed me. I have been a freelance designer since 2007, which gave me the opportunity to work on range of varied of projects. I have decided to undertake a masters degree in Digital and Visual Communication (Design for Advertising). 

The main thing I have learned, during my academic and working experience, is that, to meet the needs of creative industry, a graphic designer must be multifaceted, and constantly updating their knowledge. I am always seeking ways to improve my skills by utilizing a wide array of sources, ranging from academic literature to contemporary works. I especially take pride in my published works, as appraisal from my peers inspires me to invest further in my profession. 

Choosing a subject for my MA project has helped me to concentrate on an area of design that is new to me. I will be creating a new brand of energy drink and examining the effect of different approaches to advertising and promotion for this new product. The target market is an adult audience aged from 18 to 40 of both sexes. My product will be different from other energy drinks, which are mainly aimed at young consumers with a specific way of life. This product is based on natural ingredients, for consumers with an awareness of health issues. My target audience are busy people with a hectic routine who may feel tired or stressed during the day. 

I am looking forward to continuing my MA. studies and to testing the results of different forms of advertising focused on consumer’s interests and lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Such an interesting and creative treatment of conceptual thinking into practice!...great work Andreas, enjoy your MA, evripides

    ReplyDelete