This blog shows the news of students and staff from
the Visual Communication division, Faculty of Arts, University of Wolverhampton.
Details of our next University Open Days can be found here. To visit the Visual Communication course finder click here.
£215 per week (No tax or national insurance contributions)
This is not a normal Account Executive job. You will be learning and running far beyond your own job title learning from the companys two founders with whom you will be working on a day to day basis.
You will be involved in social media analysis, digital strategy, website development, project execution and creative ideas. You will be shown how our tried and tested 6 pillars of Social Media methodology works and will be given the support and freedom you need to help deliver amazing work for the companys clients.
You will also help with new business and agency marketing and will be shown how to plan and run an effective marketing campaign, send out bulk emails via MailChimp, update the company website and Social Media networks with new content, visit events to network and much more.
This placement will lead to a permanent role with the company for the right candidate.
This is a really important and varied role, so we'll need you to have skills and attributes like:
· Knowledge of online platforms. Experience in stuff like WordPress, Hootsuite and Mailchimp is important. If you don't know your way around these dashboards yet, an ability to learn fast will be even more important.
· Experience of desktop software. Here we're talking PowerPoint, Word and Excel - you'll need to have used all of these.
· Good knowledge of the digital landscape. Do you know Twitter from Pinterest and could you tell a client what a meme is?
· Some financial awareness / experience - invoicing, quoting and all that.
· Good presentation skills - we’ll help you grow them of course
· Excellent communicator. We need people who know the difference between your and you're and can explain ideas, processes and tactics really simply and effectively in writing, plus communicate with clients and partners on the phone and via email.
· Highly motivated - we’re growing fast
· Strong interpersonal skills – we’re a very tight team so you’ll need to get on with all of us, clients included
· Excellent organiser – you’ll be managing your workload, diary and deadlines so you’ll need to have everything together.
· Most of all you have to have a great sense of humour (god knows you’ll need it!)
Planet 9 is digital marketing agency based in Birmingham. We provide digital marketing expertise – whether thinking, doing or both - to clients of all shapes and sizes, from Save the Children and Marshall Aerospace through to Leamington & County Golf Club. We also work with smart agencies such as Key Parker and McCann.
Planet 9 is nearly 4 years old and we have a wealth of experience gained over the last 15 years in agencies big & small and client-side businesses too. Since the start, we've lived and breathed 9 values every day:
In 2013 we're forecasting growth of 200% or more, so if you'd like to come along for what's sure to be one hell of a ride, get in touch with us!
Accepted degree subjects
marketing and advertising studies
media studies and publishing
Additional location details
Please apply by sending your CV to STEP@wlv.ac.uk and mark for the attention of David Edwards. Please reference the compa\ny name within the email.