Having been nominated for a ‘Talent Development’ award (to be decided in February 2015); the time, money and effort CAB put into developing their people is second to none. However this must be seen as a partnership, individual learning is expected from ‘Cabbies’ to further their own careers and bring knowledge back to the rest of the team.
In 2014 CAB were voted a UK Elite Top 10 UK Agency by the Drum, they were also voted #2 as the agency most respected by industry professionals. This is the 3rd year of CAB’s highly successful work placement program with all previous candidates going on to continue their kick-started careers with CAB after University. If you are passionate about driving your own career, are looking for a company to help you advance quickly but aren’t afraid of hard work then CAB could be for you.
Role: Junior Designer
Daily Job Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with the design and production of regular marketing and communication materials.
• Working to a brief and within the parameters of brand guidelines.
• Artworking creative work for print.
• Maintain brand consistency throughout your work.
• Conceptualise new marketing material.
Required skills and expertise
• Able to design eye-catching graphic designs for sales and marketing.
• Layout skills with an exceptional eye for detail.
• Impressive portfolio of visual design work.
• Able to work on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
• Confident using an Apple Mac.
• Ability to communicate and rationalise design.
• Understanding of cross-platform/device UX, mobile, mobile app, responsive design.
• Good administrative IT skills (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Enthusiasm and knowledge for latest trends.
• Excellent team player, with a strong and positive attitude.
• A thirst for learning and expanding your knowledge
• Enthusiasm to help out the creative team wherever you can
• Good understanding of typography.
If you think that all sounds like hard work, this probably isn’t for you. If this sounds exciting and exhilarating and exactly what you’ve been looking for, then we want to hear from you!