Thursday 12 October 2017

Carla Hieber - MA Show



Surrealism in a Box- Surrealism inspired fashion in Landscape Boxes.

My Master´s project consists of two parts. The first part is the design of four surreal, bizarre costumes. Just like the surrealist artists, I wanted to create work that looks like it jumped out of a dream, no matter if a good or a bad one, and that is bizarre and unconventional.

The costumes or outfits are not for everyday wearing and certainly not for everyone but are supposed to address a special group of people that like to present and stage themselves in a way that is different and remarkable.

For the second part, I conceptualised a photo shooting with models wearing my created costumes. As a setting, I chose to digitally manipulate landscape images to frame and surround the fashion images. I edited and folded the landscape into a box-like shape to evoke the feeling of the model presenting the costumes in a closed surrealistic space.

Contact Email: ccarlahieberfotografie@gmail.com


Find out more about the 2017 MA show at https://www.wlv.ac.uk/mashow/

No comments:

Post a Comment