Tuesday 7 June 2011

Graduate success: Anthony O'Flaherty


The Final show has proved to be an excellent opportunity to catch up with visiting graduates. One such designer coming back to view the work of this years new graduates has been Anthony O'Flaherty, Head of Creative for a global Telecommunications retailer. Anthony now has over 12 years commercial experience in Direct Marketing, Advertising, Publishing, Multimedia and Lithographic Print. His clients include The Carphone Warehouse, Channel 4, Pedigree, Ecospil, Onestop phone shop, Scholastic and Holidays Please.
“When I think back to my time studying Graphic Communication, the things that were most important in the successful development of my future career path were the variety of modules, that went far beyond the perceived boundaries of a 'graphic design' course.” said Anthony“ He continued “I also think one of the most important factors about studying graphics at Wolverhampton was that my tutors had real experience in the real world. I remember having many long conversations with my tutors, sometimes after hours and borrowing their own private books and getting a genuine feeling of them wanting to help you. I left Wolves Uni not only with design capability, but also with the ability to speak about my work in a concise and creative manner which really helped me progress quickly within my chosen profession.”

No comments:

Post a Comment