Friday 8 June 2012

Kayleigh Hadley at Look Like Love

Graphics graduate Kayleigh Hadley is developing her own line of typographic prints and posters. Kayleigh has applied for the university SPEED programme, with a view to extending her line to include textiles.

"From April the 13th to the 28th I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to be a part of the Look Like Love Pop Up exhibition at TheHouseWith in Peckham, London. They're a wonderful start up company who support graduates and help them by selling work on their online store. The experience was amazing it gave me a huge confidence boost, I wasn't expecting to sell much work but I was one of their best selling contributors, with my hand drawn Muppets quote posters. "

Since graduating I've enjoyed doing my own work and Look Like Love have given me the opportunity to continue doing so. The wonderful owners Kate and Eden have also provided advice, plus the exhibiting and commercial experience definately has spurred me on. My work and that of the other 'pop up people' is avilable to buy on the online store so feel free to take a look."
says Kayleigh

http://www.look-likelove.blogspot.co.uk/

We were also lucky enough to be featured on the design week blog:
http://www.designweek.co.uk/home/blog/look-like-love/3034367.article

Kayleighs work has been highly acclaimed by TheHouseWith, who talk about her work in glowing terms
"Kayleigh graduated in Graphic Design in 2011 from the University of Wolverhampton, with her hand-drawn typographic approach really catching our eye at last year's Free Range graduate showcase.She takes inspiration from her favourite films and songs, and as a genre, it naturally has you thinking about where you were at that particular time, making Kayleigh's work as personal to her as to the viewer."

No comments:

Post a Comment