Thursday 29 September 2016

Cherie Elody - MA Show



My project centres on the psychology behind escapism and identity, which I’ve visualised in images and sculpture and explored contextually in a dissertation that analyses escapism through animation. 
I have discovered some interesting links between how identity is formed and why we engage in escapism as part of contemporary culture. I came to the conclusion that our chosen forms of escapism become a type of self-expression and that they provide a psychologically beneficial way for us to add meaning and value to our lives. There’s also a connection to the idea that our sense of self holds more significance than the perception of others and how we are defined by society, as escapism can allow us to cement self-imposed ideas of our identity and individuality. The practical element of my work comprises figurative and character-based art pieces that represent different aspects of the ideas I have explored. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I would like to appreciate your dissertation work that focuses on your topic in best way. cheap dissertation writing service

    ReplyDelete