This blog shows the news of students and staff from
the Visual Communication division, Faculty of Arts, University of Wolverhampton.
Details of our next University Open Days can be found here. To visit the Visual Communication course finder click here.
Wednesday, 8 May 2013
Digital Designer - Sea, Cornwall
Position: Digital Designer
Contract: Full time
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)
Applications close: 24th May 2013
Do you dream of designing a better world?
We do. And we know that only the best people will help us get there.
We are looking for an exceptional digital designer to join our growing team in Cornwall. You will be a creative thinker with a passion for social change. An ‘ideas person’, an excellent graphic designer, a digital pioneer and a natural problem solver.
You will have (at least) a few years industry experience, ideally working in an agency environment in a similar creative position. With a desire to work on projects that inspires social action, you will be excited about designing beautiful and responsive digital solutions; and using your creativity to tackle challenges in areas of crime, health, local government and business transformation – for example.
You have good written and verbal communication skills. You’ll be comfortable presenting your ideas to clients. You will know how to create wireframes, storyboards, user experiences, presentations etc. You can hit the ground running.
- Exceptional graphic design skills (which could be in branding, typography, illustration).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Front-end web build (e.g. practical ability to build in HTML/CSS/jQuery).
- A clear understanding of usability, accessibility, responsiveness.
- You love exploring cool things with APIs.
- You will be determined to raise the team’s game.
- You know how to take a good photo or shoot a good film with crisp audio.
- You can turn your design hands to a bit of everything (e.g. illustration, sketching).
- Video animation skills.
What you get:
- A full time contract on a competitive starting salary with a three month review.
- A Mac loaded with all the tools you need to hit the ground running.
- The opportunity to make your mark in a high growth business.
- Based at our beautiful riverside studio in Cornwall.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Sea, a CV with some references, a link to your online portfolio and anything else you think would help you stand out to firstname.lastname@example.org