Wednesday 12 September 2018

Nijie Tu - MA Show 2018


After nearly a year of studying in the UK, I was exposed to a lot of western art styles and I discovered that these art styles are very different from China, both in painting and design. My work seeks to use Western Art Styles to depict and display elements of traditional Chinese culture, so that when combined, these elements convey a new visual effect. The Cheongsam is a traditional costume of Chinese women, and I have therefore chosen to use the visual language of the cheongsam as the main element of my design. When visual elements of Western and Chinese culture appear in the same compositional space, they are both contradictory and unified, so my work aims to convey a special relationship between both cultures.


Entry to the MA show is free and more information can be found at https://www.wlv.ac.uk/mashow/

No comments:

Post a Comment