Tuesday 4 October 2016

Maria Anglica Cartagena Varca - MA Show



Through all of my amazing travel experiences I‘ve decided to do an artist book based on my stories about travelling. The book is interactive and allows the reader to discover parts of me and my past.

The structure of the book is different than regular books - you have to discover the book to find out where the next pages are. In the book you might find an object such as a key, feel the texture of sand, or smell a flower. The materials used include wood, metal, found objects and different types of paper. Each page contains a different adventure from my life. The design has an antique feel, reflecting the fact that the stories are from my past. I chose to do the illustrations in the style of Japanese brush paintings, because this fits with my South-East Asian roots and also complements the antique design of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment