Monday 3 October 2016

Mirco Monsees - MA Show


Growing up in a small town in Germany, the Latin alphabet was the only writing system I ever came in contact with. Other languages and their unique ways of writing always had a certain draw to me and after practising typography and lettering in English and German for a number of years, I now want to expand my horizons.

My MA project represents an effort to step outside my comfort zone and explore different writing systems. My aim is to create a series of posters featuring the phrase “Nice to meet you" translated into the most widely spoken languages in the world created using a custom typeface that exhibits a consistent style throughout. Through the process of researching the construction of these writing systems and designing their letters, I hope to gain a better understanding of the amazing variety that language has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment