Wednesday 5 October 2016

Tim Wilczura - MA Show


I‘m a metalhead. For most people this just means that I like to listen to heavy metal but for metalheads heavy metal is more than a musical genre – it‘s a way of life! It‘s part of our identity. It‘s being part of a bigger family, united by music and by being different. This is what I want to convey to my audience through my film-project.

I‘m creating a documentary about the heavy-metal and festival-scene in Germany in which I present the people and the atmosphere rather than just the bands and their music. I‘d like to take more of a cinéma vérité approach to the project, to immerse the viewer into the situation, instead of a classical narrative with an explanatory voice-over. Additionally I‘ll create a music-video to the song “Your God” by the German thrash-metalband “Skulled” to utilize my filming experiences from my MA studies.

t.wilczura@maills.de

No comments:

Post a Comment